Pressure continues to build for a rail link to Wisbech with MP Steve Barclay due to meet the transport minister Patrick McLoughlin next week to press for the re-opening of the Wisbech to March rail line.
The NE Cambs MP said he would be meeting the secretary of state for transport on Wednesday “to continue to make the case for reopening the train line to Wisbech, particularly given the potential for Fenland to provide housing linked by rail to the economic growth in Cambridge. This includes good quality jobs at the Cambridge Science Park.”
The campaign is very appreciative of work Steve Barclay is doing and hopes the campaign supporters will take every opportunity to express their encouragement.
Leading the Wisbech Rail Reopening Campaign
- The Ely Area Capacity Enhancements (EACE) Project and WisbechRail
- Transport Committee Hail Network Rail Partnership for Wisbech to Cambridge
- Wisbech Standard reports positive news about linking Wisbech to the National Rail Network
- Goods news for Wisbech and Cambridgeshire
- Corby to Peterborough rail link proposal